The wind in your face, the Schenna scenery passing you by. Apple orchards, forests and villages – Meran and Environs is great to be discovered by bike. Whether you prefer an e-bike, a road bike or a mountain bike, there are over 200 km of marked tours of all levels of difficulty for you and your two-wheeler around Schenna alone. You can discover the surroundings of Hotel Hohenwart in no time – with or without a bike guide – and do something for your body at the same time! The best part? You don’t even need to bring your own bike because you can hire one at the Hohenwart.
Cycling through Meran and Environs
The Hotel Hohenwart bike service
- Weekly guided bike tour
- Bikes for hire: mountain bikes (free of charge) and ‘Fully’ e-mountain bikes (36.00 Euros / day or 29.00 Euros / half day), including helmets
- Cool tour recommendations
- Lockable bike room
- Our tip: download the free mountain bike app ‘MTB Südtirol’
By train and bicycle – the Venosta / Vinschgau railway line is connected to an extensive bicycle-and-hiking-network. With the BikeMobil Card you receive a ticket for the public transport system and a full-day bicycle rental. It is not allowed to carry the bike on public means of transport. The card enables the owner the use of the following public means of transportation
- Regional trains (not Eurostar/Intercity) in South Tyrol (Brennero – Trenot, Malles/Mals – San Candido/Innichen)
- All town and extra-urban bus services
- The cable cars to Renon/Ritten, Maranza/Meransen, San Genesio/Jenesien, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Colle/Kohlern
- The narrow-track railway on the Renon/Ritten Mountain and the cable railway up to the Mendola/Mendel Mountain
- One return journey using the Swiss Post Bus from Malles/Mals to Müstair
- 1 day: adults 30.00 Euros, children 15.00 Euros
Bicycle Rental Service Bici Alto Adige
Six railway stations on the line Merano - Malles are furnished with bicycle rental services: in Merano at the goods station area (Güterbahnhof), in Naturno, Laces, Spondigna, Silandro and Malles.
Bicycle rental information:
www.suedtirol-rad.com or Tel. +39 0473 201 500
www.papinsport.com or tel. +39 0474 913 450
IMPORTANT: For organisational requirements the rental bikes “Bici Alto Adige” can only be returned to bike rentals points “Bici Alto Adige”. Rental bikes "PapinSport" have to be returned only to a bike rental point "PapinSport".