A mountain climber’s or valley explorer’s dream! The nature around Schenna is calling out to be discovered – can you hear it? Simply pack your bags and get ready for a real adventure. On top of the mountains or along one of the ’Waalweg’ (ancient irrigation channel) trails. To the next mountain hut for a delicious lunch or simply through the forest and across meadows. With or without a hiking guide. In Meran and Environs, you can hike in every direction under the sun. We’re not joking! It is surrounded by many hills and mountains, all of which offer hikes for every imaginable difficulty level!
Welcome to the land of hiking – welcome to Meran and Environs
Hotel Hohenwart’s hiking service
- Two guided hikes per week
- Hiking shuttle three times a week
- Hire what you need directly from us: hiking rucksacks, hiking poles, water bottles, hiking maps and reading material
- Shoe dryer for your hiking boots
- Great insider tips for personalised hikes from our staff
- For private summit and glacier tours, we can gladly arrange an experienced mountain guide for you (for a fee)
Advantage cards South Tyrol
Enjoy exclusive services that are only available to GuestCard holders. Get a discount of at least 10 % off the regular price at many museums, on cable cars and on sports and recreational activities in Schenna and Environs. Get exclusive access to special services also in spring and autumn. The Schenna app is available to download for free in the App Store, Google Play and the Huawei AppGallery.
BusCard Merano and environs
The BusCard Merano and surroundings permits you to reach Merano and the villages in the near environs by bus. The BusCard is valid for 7 days.
(Not valid for railways, cable cars and chairlifts)
Prices: 16.00 Euros, children up to 6 years free. Not transferable.
Here you will find up-to-date timetables for all bus and rail routes in South Tyrol:
Mobil Card South Tyrol
The Mobilcard allows you to travel throughout South Tyrol for a whole week, for three days or for one day. The card enables the owner the use the following public means of transportation:
- Regional trains (not Eurostar/Intercity) in South Tyrol (Brennero – Trento, Malles/Mals – San Candido/Innichen)
- All town and extra-urban bus services
- The cable cars to Renon/Ritten, Maranza/Meransen, San Genesio/Jenesien (currently closed), Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Colle/Kohlern
- The narrow-track railway on the Renon/Ritten Mountain and the cable railway up to the Mendola/Mendel Mountain
- One return journey using the Swiss Post Bus from Malles/Mals to Müstair
- 1 day: adults 20.00 Euros, children 10.00 Euros
- 3 days: adults 30.00 Euros, children 15.00 Euros
- 7 days: adults 20.00 Euros, children 10.00 Euros